Are you looking for an expert in wood flooring in Stirling, well look no further than the Wooden Flooring Company. We fit, finish, maintain to beautiful high quality, sustainable, natural hardwood floors.
Our experienced team of floor fitters fit wooden floors in residential homes, shops, showrooms, offices, art galleries, sports facilities, restaurants and churches. We also work directly for our residential clients as well as respected builders and use some of the UK’s largest hardwood flooring suppliers like Howdens and UK Flooring Dircet.
We are Stirling based flooring company providing floor installation services throughout the whole of Stirling and Central Scotland area for over 20 years now. We are established service working with private and business clients every day and striving to provide unrivalled customer service.
We fit all types of woden floors:
- Solid Wood Flooring
- Engineered Wood Flooring
- Laminate Flooring
- Parquet Flooring
- Vinyl Flooring
- Herringbone Style Flooring
We fit all types of wooden flooring to:our main service areas : Aberfoyle, Balfron, Bridge of Allan, Buchlyvie, Callander, Cambusbarron, Causewayhead, Denny, Dollar, Doune, Dunblane, Falkirk, Gargunnock, Kippen, Larbert, Menstrie, Riverside, Stirling, Stenhousemuir, Tillicoultry and all of Central Scotland.
We offer a 2 year guarantee on all materials and labour. Although laminate flooring is excluded, all formal complaints are followed by return to site and free problem investigation.
Wooden and Timber Floor Fitters Stirling
Our installation service is of top quality and affordable, making us a favourite floor fitter for many Stirling based customers. All our services come with free site inspections by experienced flooring surveyors who make sure that all your specific flooring requirements are addressed. This is followed by a detailed and comprehensive no obligation quotation which provides all the relevant information and our recommended products and floor installation approach.
We are your one-stop-shop service for customers within the Stirling area. Along with our main suppliers Howdens, we can guide you through different the options available, and then supply and install the product with a seamless and professional service. Our products are installed by our highly skilled advanaced joiners. We treat all of our customer’s homes with the utmost respect – so we take great care and tidy up after ourselves so your space is ready for use straight away.
In the world of interior design and home aesthetics, few elements possess the enduring charm and versatility of wooden and timber floors. These timeless flooring options have graced homes and spaces for centuries, and their popularity endures to this day. Whether you’re renovating a classic Victorian home or designing a modern minimalist apartment, wooden and timber floors offer an unmatched blend of beauty, durability, and environmental sustainability.
A Brief History of Wooden Floors
The history of wooden floors can be traced back to ancient civilizations. In Egypt, for instance, wooden planks were used to construct the world-famous Great Pyramids, and some of these ancient floors are still intact today. Throughout history, wooden floors have been synonymous with luxury and opulence. In medieval European castles and mansions, intricately designed wooden parquet floors were reserved for royalty and nobility.
Fast forward to the modern era, and wooden floors have become more accessible to homeowners worldwide. Advances in technology and manufacturing processes have made these floors not only more affordable but also more durable and easy to maintain.
Wooden and Timber Floor Fitters Stirling
Wooden and timber floors come in a variety of types, each with its unique characteristics and appeal. Here are some popular options:
- Solid Hardwood Flooring: Solid hardwood floors are made from a single piece of timber, creating a timeless, elegant look. They can be sanded and refinished multiple times, ensuring longevity and versatility in design.
- Engineered Wood Flooring: Engineered wood flooring consists of a real wood veneer layer bonded to multiple layers of plywood or high-density fiberboard. This construction makes it more stable and less susceptible to moisture-related issues, making it suitable for various environments.
- Bamboo Flooring: Bamboo is a sustainable and rapidly renewable resource. Bamboo floors are durable and available in a range of colors and styles, making them an eco-friendly choice for environmentally-conscious homeowners.
- Reclaimed Wood Flooring: Reclaimed wood flooring offers a rustic and vintage charm. It is sourced from old barns, factories, and other structures, giving new life to weathered timber while adding character to your space.
- Cork Flooring: Cork is an eco-friendly flooring option made from the bark of cork oak trees. It’s soft underfoot, insulating, and provides a unique visual texture that’s perfect for contemporary designs.
Advantages of Wooden and Timber Floors for houses in Stirling
- Timeless Aesthetics: One of the most significant advantages of wooden and timber floors is their timeless beauty. Their natural warmth and texture add a sense of coziness to any space, whether it’s a rustic cabin or a modern penthouse.
- Durability: Properly maintained wooden floors can last for generations. Their ability to be refinished means they can withstand heavy foot traffic and retain their appeal over time.
- Versatility: Wooden floors complement a wide range of interior styles, from traditional to contemporary. Their neutral color palette can be easily matched with various furniture and decor choices.
- Environmental Sustainability: Sustainable forestry practices ensure a steady supply of timber, making wood a renewable and eco-friendly flooring choice. Additionally, reclaimed wood and bamboo options reduce the environmental impact even further.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality: Unlike some synthetic flooring materials, wooden and timber floors don’t trap allergens and are easy to clean, promoting better indoor air quality.
Maintenance and Care
To keep wooden and timber floors looking their best, regular maintenance is essential. Here are some tips:
- Sweep and Vacuum: Regularly remove dirt and debris using a soft-bristle broom or a vacuum cleaner with a hardwood floor attachment.
- Avoid Excess Moisture: Wood is sensitive to moisture, so wipe up spills promptly and avoid using excessive water when cleaning.
- Use Floor Mats and Rugs: Place mats at entryways to trap dirt and prevent it from being tracked onto the floors. Area rugs can also protect high-traffic areas.
- Protect from Sunlight: Direct sunlight can cause wood to fade and lose its luster. Use curtains or blinds to minimize exposure.
- Routine Maintenance: Depending on wear and tear, periodically sand and refinish the floors to restore their original beauty.
Wooden floors are not just a flooring choice; they are a statement of timeless elegance and an investment in the long-term beauty and functionality of your space. From their historical significance to their environmental sustainability, these floors continue to captivate homeowners and designers alike. As you walk across a well-maintained wooden floor, you can appreciate its enduring charm and the craftsmanship that has stood the test of time, making it a staple in interior design for centuries to come.
The Wooden Timber Flooring Company fits all types of wooden and timber flooring to: Aberfoyle, Balfron, Bridge of Allan, Buchlyvie, Callander, Cambusbarron, Causewayhead, Denny, Dollar, Doune, Dunblane, Falkirk, Gargunnock, Kippen, Larbert, Menstrie, Stenhousemuir, Tillicoultry and all of Central Scotland.
Wooden and Timber Floor Fitters Stirling: The Wooden Floor Company Stirling